No-bake lemon and poppy shortbread cookies
Decadent and nourishing small bites, ideal for a quick, healthy and delicious snack. The cashew butter and the coconut it contains are an excellent source of energy and protein, enough to keep you feeling full without guilt until the next meal!
Lemon and poppy shortbread cookies
Makes about 20 cookies
Preparation: 10 minutes
Refrigeration: 1 hour
- 2 cups of organic fine coconut
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup room temperature coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of ground sea salt
- 1 large date medjool chopped
- 1 teaspoon of poppy seeds
- In the food processor, add the coconut, cashew butter, coconut oil, coconut flour, zest, vanilla, salt and date. Mix until well combined. Add the poppy seeds and pulse to incorporate.
- Using a tablespoon, remove the dough and form balls with your hands. Place the balls on a sheet of parchment paper placed on a baking sheet. Flatten and use a cookie mold if desired, or leave in a ball.
- Place in freezer for about 1 hour, or until cookies are solid.
- Serve directly out of the freezer or slightly thawed (5 minutes at room temperature) for a guaranteed thrill of pleasure!
- Store for one week in the refrigerator in an airtight container or one month in the freezer.
President Hippocrate Bio
- Caroline Bisaillon