Chocolate energy balls - dried bananas
Do you need energy or a healthy treat but are short on time? Here are the healthy bites at the dried banana and no-bake chocolate chips!
These easy-to-prepare snacks are high in dates, cashews, and dried bananas. They are perfect for the paleo diet, are gluten free and are great after a workout! The chocolate chips are optional but delicious.
Quickly take out your ingredients and take a few minutes to make them, they are really worth it!
Dried Chocolate Banana Energy Balls
- 1 cup of walnuts cashew, Almondspecans walnuts or a mixture of nuts
- 12-15 pitted dates
- 1 / 2 cup of dried bananas
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1 C. vanilla (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Crush the nuts in a food processor until they are small. Some larger pieces will remain and some will be very small.
- Add the pitted dates, bananas, cocoa powder and vanilla.
- Grind until the mixture comes together into a large ball. Depending on the size of the dates, you may need to add a few more so that the mixture is smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix a few times.
- Take some of the mixture and roll it into a ball the size of a small ping-pong ball.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter. They will keep for weeks .... if you resist them!
Omit the chocolate chips and use only cocoa powder to make this recipe free of refined sugars.
- Hippocrates Food