Spicy and sweet maple cashews
Use your favorite nuts for this easy and delicious recipe. It is made with almonds, pecans, macadamia or hazelnuts ... or a mixture of several nuts! If you are making them for food gifts, let sit overnight after making them to allow the coconut oil to harden.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Makes: 2 cups
2 cups of organic raw cashews
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
Fresh squeezed lime juice from one lime
2 tablespoon of maple syrup
Pinch smoked paprika
Pinch garlic powder
Pinch cayenne powder
Pinch white pepper
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
Pinch ground thyme
Pinch of oregano
- In a small bowl, combine the maple syrup and spices.
- In a large skillet, melt the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the nuts and the spice blend.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the nuts are toasted.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle another pinch of salt on the nuts.
- Once the nuts have cooled, squeeze the fresh lime juice over the spiced nuts.
- Store the remaining spice blend in an airtight container to consume later.
President Hippocrate Bio
- Caroline Bisaillon