Protein chocolate squares
Today I am offering you a very simple recipe for chocolate covered nut bars. Made with just 4 ingredients, these bars are the perfect snack - they're sweet and filling!
A layer of chocolate covers the bottom part which is made up of dates and our Keto blend. I chose this mix because I like the crunchy, slightly salty composition that goes well with the sweetness of dates and chocolate. However, you can use whatever nuts you have on hand, the squares will also be delicious!
I strongly suggest that you cook these squares so that the dates caramelize and mix well with the nuts, this step allows the squares to hold together well when cooled. The recipe is also made without baking, but the texture will be more grainy ... if you opt for the no-bake version, simply omit placing the squares in the oven.
Do not hesitate to place them in your lunch box to ensure a boost of energy in the event of a hit! It's also a delicious little snack to spoil your taste buds and replenish your energy, bon appétit!
Protein chocolate squaresMakes 12 squares
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Cooling time: 1 hour
- 2 cup of Organic Keto Blend *
- 2 cups of Organic Deglett Noor Dates or Organic Pitted Medjool
- 100g of Dark chocolate 70% Organic and fair - Peru
- 1 tbsp of organic coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Add walnuts to a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground.
- Place the ground nuts in a bowl.
- Add the pitted dates to the food processor and mix until the mixture becomes a sticky mash.
- Pour the date puree into the bowl with the nuts and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 × 8 glass baking dish lined with parchment paper and press firmly with your hands.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- Let the dish cool completely.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl (use the double boiler method by melting the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water).
- Pour the melted chocolate over the cooked nuts and place them in the refrigerator to harden them.
- Slice and serve!
- Can easily be stored for a week in the refrigerator in an airtight dish. Place waxed or parchment paper between each layer of squares.
President Hippocrate Bio
- Caroline Bisaillon