Banana, raisin and chocolate muffins
Fluffy, healthy, nut-free muffins and therefore perfect for the lunchbox! Pssst! With raisins and chocolate chips, gustatory pleasure guaranteed because each bite turns out to be a surprise!
Banana, raisin and chocolate muffinsMakes 12 muffins
preparation: 10 minutes
cooking: 22 minutes
- 1 flax egg
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla essence
- 1 tsp gluten and aluminum free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/3 cups gluten free flour
- 1 / 4 cup of organic sultana raisins
- 1 / 4 cup of 70% organic and fair trade chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and place paper trays in the pan, or use melted coconut oil to oil the molds. Put aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly whisk the flax egg. Add the bananas and mash well. Add the applesauce, maple syrup, oil, vanilla, baking powder and baking soda.
- Whisk to combine. Add the raisins and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Add the flour and stir gently until well incorporated. Do not over mix otherwise the muffins will be hard.
- Fill each opening almost full with batter (I used a regular ice cream scoop) and bake for 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight dish for a week, freezes.
- Caroline Bisaillon