This gluten-free vegan tiramisu recipe is rich, decadent, and delicious. Layers of vanilla cake soaked in coffee and vegetable cashew cream, topped with cocoa powder. This easy-to-make dessert is perfect for sharing with friends and family.
Makes 8 servings
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
1 gluten-free vanilla cake recipe
1 cup of plain vegetable yogurt
1,5 cup of organic cashews (soaked in boiling water for at least 15 minutes)
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon of miso paste
Layer of coffee:
1/2 cup of espresso coffee
2 tablespoons of coffee or rum liqueur
2 to 3 tablespoons of high quality cocoa powder
- Prepare the cake batter and place in two 8 × 8-inch square cake pans.
- Bake cake for 30 to 35 minutes or until springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan for 2-3 minutes, then carefully remove it on a wire rack and let cool completely.
- When the cake is completely cool, use a sharp knife and cut the cake in half.
- Next, cut the cake into rectangular pieces about the size of a lady's finger.
- Add the plant-based yogurt, soaked cashews, lemon juice and miso paste in a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- In a small bowl, combine the coffee and coffee liqueur.
Layer of coffee
- Combine strong coffee and coffee liqueur in a bowl and set aside.
- You can use an 8 × 8 inch baking dish.
- Dip each piece of sponge lady's finger cake in the coffee mixture and place them on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Continue until you have a single layer of sponge.
- Add half of the cream mixture and spread evenly with a spatula or spoon.
- Repeat with another layer of lady's finger sponges dipped in coffee, then add the rest of the cream on top.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or preferably overnight.
- Before serving, sprinkle cocoa powder on top.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
President Hippocrate Bio
- Caroline Bisaillon