Stuffed dates, dark chocolate and sea salt filling
Soft dates, stuffed with crunchy peanuts, coated in chocolate and sprinkled with sea salt. Are you still drooling? These chocolate covered stuffed dates are so delicious!
The best part about this recipe is that it is very easy to prepare, no refined sugar, suitable for vegan and gluten free diets.
You can also vary the date stuffing with hazelnut butter, walnuts or almonds!
Dates stuffed with peanuts, dark chocolate filling and fleur de sel
* Give 12 dates
- 12 pitted Medjool dates
- 50g of 70% organic and fair trade dark chocolate - Peru
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup d'organic dry roasted peanuts
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a knife, carefully cut each date lengthwise. Make sure you don't cut the date completely in half. You want to create a small boat.
- Open the date, remove the core and garnish with peanuts.
- Melt your chocolate with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a double boiler on the stove.
- Dip the dates in the chocolate. You can immerse them halfway or opt for the large pongeon and cover them completely!
- Sprinkle with sea salt, refrigerate for 15 minutes and enjoy!
- Store in the fridge or freezer for the perfect snack or treat!
*Notes: you can replace the peanuts with walnuts, almonds or hazelnut butter to vary, the taste is just as delicious!
- Caroline Bisaillon