Vegan French toast
This vegan French toast recipe with cinnamon dough and soft bread is an easy 6-ingredient breakfast or brunch that kids and adults alike love. No need for eggs!
Vegan French toastMakes 4 servings
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of organic coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of natural vanilla
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 slices of bread of your choice
- 4 pears, sliced
- 1 / 2 cup of organic keto blend
- pure maple syrup for garnish
- 2 oranges in quarters
- Combine coconut milk, coconut flour, vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Pour into a shallow dish, such as a large bowl or pie dish.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add coconut oil to the pan. I use about a tablespoon of coconut oil per 4 slices and add more oil for cooking additional slices.
- Working with 4 slices of bread at a time, dip each slice into the mixture on both sides. Allow the bread to absorb the mixture.
- Once the pan is hot, bake each slice of bread on both sides until golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining slices.
- Serve hot, garnishing each slice with pear strips, chopped keto mixture and a drizzle of maple syrup. Serve with orange wedges to color the plate and for a dose of additional vitamins!
President Hippocrate Bio
- Caroline Bisaillon