Sautéed chickpeas and garlic rice
A simple meal for busy evenings! It prepares well with leftover rice from the day before, complete your meal with a salad or raw vegetables for a quick, complete and delicious meal!
Sautéed chickpeas and garlic riceMakes 2 servings
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- 2.5 tbsp sesame oil
- 2,5 cups diced onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 1.5 tbsp of organic fine coconut
- 1.5 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1.5 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 cup of Chickpeas cooked, rinsed and drained
- 0.5 tbsp cornstarch
- 0.5 tbsp water
- ground pepper to taste
Preparing the rice
- Heat 1.5 tbsp of sesame oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Sauté 1 cup of onions and the 3 garlic cloves until the onions are translucent. Mix well to prevent the garlic from burning.
- Add 1 cup of cooked rice and cook until heated through. Add ground pepper to taste.
Preparation of chickpeas:
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the coconut, tamari sauce, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, remaining oil and chili flakes. Put aside.
- Prepare the thickening mixture by mixing the starch and water. Put aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat remaining onions over high heat until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and cook for another 3-4 minutes until browned.
- Add the sauce and the thickening mixture. Mix and cook until the sauce is thick.
- Serve in a bowl with the rice.
President Hippocrate Bio
- Caroline Bisaillon