Indian rice with chickpeas and raisins
For 6 people
- Bake wild rice in a saucepan filled with water, for about 40 minutes (follow the cooking time indicated on the package). Drain and set aside in a large bowl.
- Cook the basmati rice in the same way, but this time add salt to the cooking water, just like the pasta. (Boil a large quantity of salted water, and add 220g of basmati rice as soon as it boils. Put the heat on medium heat, stir well, and allow 10 minutes)
- With a colander, drain and mix with the wild rice.
- Immediately add the raisins. This way with the heat of the rice, the grapes will become fluffy!
- Then chop the onions finely.
- Toss the onions with the flour to coat them well.
- In a deep pan, heat the sunflower oil over high heat and add the onions.
- Once the onions are golden and crisp, drain well. Reserve.
- Heat a pan and add a little olive oil, add the cumin and curry. Mix.
- Add the chickpeas and coat well with the spices. Stirring constantly to prevent the spices from burning, cook over high heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas to the rice and mix well: the rice will turn yellow.
- Add the herbs and the fried onions, season with pepper.
President Hippocrate Bio