Buddha bowl with sprouted chickpeas and tahini sauce 0
Many of us have heard of Buddha bowls before. For those who don't know what it is, it really is quite simple ... it's basically a bowl of grains, raw veg, grilled veg, various greens, and other nutritious toppings. It's a wonderful vegan option that will keep you full and satisfied for hours!
This bowl is very easy to prepare and does not make a big mess in the kitchen. Everything is grilled on the same plate! For my part, I eat this type of meal regularly because it is super versatile and always as fun to prepare as it is to eat!
I love to vary their composition depending on what I have on hand ... here are my favorites
- Quinoa Salad
- Brown rice
- Sweet potatoes
- mushrooms (I love shitake and portobello !!)
- Brussels sprouts
- grated carrots
- grated beets
- pea, sunflower or other shoots
- Cabbage kale
- mix of greens (mesclun, spinach, etc.)
- chickpeas, black beans or lentils (I like them sprouted)
Oilseed / garnish
- natural almonds
- sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds
- fruit: pear, pomegranate, blueberries, etc.
- dried fruits: cranberries, raisins
- dragon sauce
- lemon tahini sauce
- coriander (I put it everywhere !!)
Buddha bowl with sprouted chickpeas and tahini sauce
For 2 bowls
Ingredients1 small sweet potato, cubed
2 small beets, cubed
10 Brussels sprouts, cut in half
4 large handfuls of mesclun
2 cups of cooked brown rice
1 cup of sprouted organic chickpeas
1 / 4 cup of organic sultana raisins
1 / 4 cup of organic european pumpkin seeds
1 / 4 cup of organic raw sunflower seeds
2 tbsp olive oil
1 / 2 cup of 100% natural sesame butter
4 tbsp water
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 gousse d'ail hachée
Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the madman to 350F.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place the Brussels sprouts, sweet potato cubes and beets. Brush with olive oil. Pepper to taste.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the vegetables are golden and a knife easily sticks inside.
- Meanwhile, place the sesame butter and water in a bowl. Mix. It will harden, you have to continue mixing until it is smooth.
- Add the lemon juice, chopped garlic and pepper. Mix. Put aside.
- In two bowls, place the rice and mesclun so that they are each on their side. Add the Chickpeas and grilled vegetables so that you can see each component.
- Top with the sauce and seeds, as well as raisins. Grind a little pepper to garnish the bowls.
- Enjoy alone or in good company!
President Hippocrate Bio