Coriander tempeh with tomato-coconut salsa
Coriander tempeh with tomato-coconut salsaMakes 4 servings
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
For the salsa
1 large tomato, roughly chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
2 tbsp of sliced organic grilled coconut
2 tbsp olive oil
the juice of a lime
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the tempeh240g tempeh, divided into 4 triangles
4 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp ground coriander
pinch of salt
1 small cauliflower
1 pepper of your choice, seeded and sliced into strips
10 Asparagus tips, trimmed, cut into thirds
- Preheat the madman to 350F.
- For the salsa: Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix. Put aside. You can make the salsa the night before.
- For the tempeh: Place the tempeh in a baking dish, cover with 2 tbsp of oil, cilantro and salt. Cook, about 10 minutes, until the tempeh is golden and crisp.
- For the cauliflower: Break the cauliflower into florets using a small knife. Place in a food processor and pulse until you get small coarse pieces.
- In a large skillet heated over medium heat, heat the remaining 2 tbsp of oil. Add the cauliflower, peppers and asparagus. Stir and cook, stirring a few times, until the asparagus is tender, about 5-6 minutes. Season with freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Divide the vegetables into 4 plates and top with the tempeh.
- Garnish with salsa and serve.
President Hippocrate Bio
- Caroline Bisaillon