Toast with hummus and sautéed mushrooms
Lunch? Snack? Having dinner? This hummus and sautéed mushroom toast is versatile and delicious any time of the day! No matter what time of day you choose to eat it, every bite is packed with flavor and nutrients. Easy to prepare, quick and simple, this recipe is perfect to satisfy every craving!
Toast with humus and sautéed mushrooms
Makes 2 servings
125 grams of sliced mushrooms of your choice (I love portobello!)
2 teaspoons of tamari
3 large handfuls of spinach
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
Freshly ground pepper
3 tbsp olive oil
- In a hot pan, add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add the sliced mushrooms and 2 teaspoons of tamari, sauté for 4 to 5 minutes over medium-high heat to allow the mushrooms to release their liquid.
- Send the mushrooms to the side of the pan, then add the baby spinach, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Sauté for a few minutes until the spinach is wilted. When the onions reach the desired tenderness, remove them from the pan, set aside.
- Toast the bread, then place a layer of hummus on the toast, garnish with the mushroom / baby spinach mixture and sprinkle with a tiny bit of nutritional yeast.
* You can replace the hummus with guacamole, it will also be delicious!
* For even more flavor, add thin strips of red onions when cooking the mushrooms.
President Hippocrate Bio
- Caroline Bisaillon