Asian Tofu with Cashews on a Plate
A meal on a plate ... who could say better ?! A simple, healthy and quick meal perfect for busy evenings. Psssst! Do more to fill your lunch boxes!
Asian Tofu with Cashews on a PlateMakes 4 servings
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- 1 block of 450g extra-firm organic tofu, liquid removed and well squeezed
- 1 whole broccoli, florets and stems cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1/4 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 / 4 cup of large organic raw cashews
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce
- 1/2 tbsp gluten-free hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1,5 tbsp of pure maple syrup
- 2 gousses d'ail hachées
- 2 cm chopped ginger
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp of water
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 400F. In a small saucepan over medium heat, place all the sauce ingredients and simmer for about 5 minutes until thickened. Stir constantly. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, break the tofu into small pieces (about 2 cm) and cover with 2 tbsp of the sauce. Toss to coat.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place the coated tofu, broccoli, peppers, onions and cashews.
- Add ground black pepper to taste. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil or sesame oil to taste.
- Bake and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir, adding the rest of the sauce. Add green onions, sesame seeds to taste.
- Serve over rice or quinoa.
President Hippocrate Bio
- Caroline Bisaillon