Roasted cauliflower salad with creamy mustard and maple vinaigrette
Crunchy cauliflower, crispy spicy chickpeas, layered on a bed of mixed salads, cucumbers, fresh avocado herbs; all mixed with a simple mustard and maple vinaigrette for a hearty, healthy and delicious salad!
Enjoy this salad for the evening meal and save the leftovers for lunch the next day.
Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Creamy Maple Mustard DressingMakes 6 generous portions
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cups of organic chickpeas, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups spring type lettuce mix
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs (like parsley, basil and / or dill, roughly chopped, here I used dill and parsley)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh chives
- 2 avocados, sliced
CREAMY MUSTARD AND MAPLE VINAIGRETTE
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of organic sesame butter
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper, combine the cauliflower, chickpeas, olive oil, chili powder, paprika, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well to coat well.
- Bake and roast for 20 minutes or until tender and slightly crisp on the surface.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, place the lettuce mixture, cucumbers, herbs and chives. Mix. Leave besides.
- Combine all the ingredients in a glass jar or measuring cup and shake (or whisk) until smooth.
- Toss the roasted cauliflower and chickpeas with the salad. Add a little dressing and toss to combine.
- Garnish the salad with avocados, freshly ground pepper and a little more herbs if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
- The salad keeps well for 3-4 days in the refrigerator, just add the vinaigrette just before serving.
President Hippocrate Bio
- Caroline Bisaillon