Kale Coleslaw with Dried Mangoes
I don't know about you, but longer days with hot, sunny weather make me want to spend more time outdoors and less time in the kitchen. This time of year is just too nice to stay indoors, isn't it?
Well if you are feeling like me and want a really quick and easy meal that not only tastes delicious but lets you spend less time cooking to enjoy the balmy spring .... then you are going to LOVE it. this salad.
The key to a good kale salad is to take a minute or two longer to massage the kale and soften it. Does this sound strange to you? Yes? Indispensable to obtain a very tender kale? Yes.
It's easy. Whenever you make a kale salad, simply toss the kale with a little salt and oil and rub it for a minute until the cabbage becomes pliable and darkens slightly. It's really worth it!
We accompany it here with the mild, sweet and sunny flavor of dried mango which goes well with the particular taste of kale!
We fill up on nutrients and hop, direction full sun outside!
Kale Coleslaw with Dried Mangoes and Pistachios
Makes 4 servings
Preparation: 25 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
- 1 bunch of kale, rinsed, rib removed, chopped
- ½ cup of Organic walnuts from Europe , chopped
- ⅔ cup of Organic dried mango , chopped
- ½ cup of Organic Dried Cranberries
- 1 orange, squeezed
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Ground pepper
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add the salad ingredients to a large bowl and toss with the dressing.
President Hippocrate Bio
- Caroline Bisaillon