Crunchy, healthy and completely addictive. This revisited coleslaw has it all !! An ideal recipe to enjoy on hot summer days. For my part, I enjoy it as a meal because it is very complete in itself thanks to the sunflower seeds and cranberries. You can, however, serve it as an accompaniment, with rusks and veggie pâté with mushrooms for example!
You will love this colorful salad!
- 4 cups chopped green cabbage
- 2 cups chopped purple cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 cups of chopped kale leaves
- 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
- ½ cup of organic dried cranberries
- 1 cup of organic raw sunflower seeds
- ½ cup of mayonnaise (see note)
- ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large bowl, combine collard greens, purple, carrots and kale.
- Add the pepper, garlic, sunflower seeds and dried cranberries.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar and maple syrup until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the cabbage mixture and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 60 minutes for the flavors to blend.
- To make your own vegetable mayonnaise easy and delicious, you can try La cuisine de Jean-Philippe, it is delicious!
- It is best to prepare this salad in advance and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, but overnight is best. Mix well before serving.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days in the refrigerator.
President Hippocrate Bio
- Caroline Bisaillon