Summer salad of quinoa and walnuts
Savor the freshness of this colorful side salad, made with quinoa and many vegetables. This salad is very fresh on the palate and slightly sweet thanks to the corn.
Crunchy and delicious, this recipe is delicious especially if using fresh corn on the cob! Boil them and peel them with a knife. For a summery bbq flavor, grill them on the bbq!
Summer salad of quinoa and walnutsPreparation: 25 minutes
Makes 8 servings
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of dried or fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup of cooked corn kernels
- 1/2 cubed cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup of organic chickpeas cooked, rinsed and drained
- 3 / 4 cup of organic walnuts from Europe
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pitted olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Combine the water and quinoa in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, cumin and pepper.
- Add cooked quinoa and remaining ingredients; mix to mix.
- Caroline Bisaillon