Roasted Brussels sprouts with balsamic vinegar and walnuts
Roasted Brussels sprouts in balsamic vinegar
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 to 8 people
2 pounds of Brussels sprouts, cut in half
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 cup shallots, peeled and cut into thick slices
4 garlic cloves, cut in half
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 / 2 cup of walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 425 ° F. Place parchment paper in an ovenproof baking dish.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and sauté the shallots in olive oil. Cook, 6 to 8 minutes, until softened and lightly browned.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, garlic and the 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar with the shallots. Cook, another 5 to 6 minutes, until the garlic begins to brown. Add the nuts. Grill 1-2 minutes.
- Pepper to taste. Toss to coat. Add the remaining balsamic vinegar. Place the vegetables in the baking dish.
- Place in the oven, uncovered. Roast at 425 ° F for about 15 minutes, until cooked through and caramelized around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, thyme and pepper. Stir to combine.
President Hippocrate Bio
- Caroline Bisaillon