Cauliflower steaks a la Chermoula
An ideal recipe for sharing meals, these cauliflower steaks topped with chermoula make a great starter!
Take advantage of the abundance of vitamins C and B6 contained in this vegetable to boost your immune system!
Cauliflower steaks a la ChermoulaMakes 4 servings
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
- 2 large heads of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp minced capers
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup oforganic natural almonds minced
- 2 cup chopped parsley, more for garnish
- 1 cup chopped cilantro, more for garnish
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of water
- 1 tbsp gluten-free tamari sauce
- 3 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- For the steaks: remove the leaves and the base of the trunk.
- Cut in half in the center, then, cut slices about 4 cm thick. Repeat to get 8 nice slices.
- Place the slices on a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, capers, garlic powder, paprika and pepper.
- Spread half of the mixture over the cauliflower slices. Place in the oven.
- Cook for 12 minutes then turn the slices over and rotate the baking sheets if you have used two. Spread the rest of the oil mixture over the slices. Return to the oven and roast for another 10-12 minutes, until the cauliflowers are golden and the thickest part can be easily pierced with a fork.
- For the chermoula: While the cauliflower cooks, sauté the almonds in a skillet over medium heat, stirring continuously, until golden brown and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine half of the almonds, parsley, cilantro, oil, lemon juice, water, tamari sauce, capers, garlic, peppers and salt until obtained a creamy sauce.
- Place the steak slices on plates, garnish with the chermoula, parsley and cilantro, then the rest of the toasted almonds.
- Bon appétit!
President Hippocrate organic
- Caroline Bisaillon