Cashew and cocoa butter 0
Remember when you were little and your mom used to tell you that all she wanted for a gift was "a hug or something homemade"? Since it's Mother's Day this Sunday, I thought I'd suggest a cashew and cocoa butter recipe to show your mom how much you care!
Easy to prepare (and even easier to eat), our delicious Cashew Cocoa Butter is a deliciously healthy alternative to your traditional chocolate spreads ... and of course, it's also delicious for the rest of the family!
Cashew and cocoa butter
300g of cashew nut flood
3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1 C. vanilla extract
3 tablespoons of maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper, add the cashews and roast for about 10 minutes - they should turn a nice golden color but keep an eye out as they can turn in an instant!
- Pour the toasted cashews into a powerful blender or food processor and blend until their oils are released and they begin to form a paste (Takes about 10 minutes, depending on your blender. You may need to stop halfway, scrape the sides and let the blender cool).
- Add your cocoa powder, vanilla extract and syrup if desired and continue to mix until the batter is spreadable
- Transfer the nut butter to a jar (preferably with a tight-fitting lid)
- Top the toasted bread slices with a thick layer of nut butter and sprinkle with berries and toasted coconut.
- Alternative topping ideas: bananas and nuts, strawberries and chia seeds, blackberries and Almonds, kiwis and coconut, etc.
- Use as a frosting on a cake or dessert bread
- Use as a dip for fruit
President Hippocrate Bio