Jackfruit apple and beet verrines
These unusual verrines are perfect for an aperitif, your taste buds will be pleasantly surprised by the mixture of flavors in this recipe!
Jackfruit apple and beet verrinesMakes 4 servings
Preparation 25 minutes
- 30 g de organic walnuts from Europe
- 60 g cooked red beets
- 30g spring mix style lettuce
- 1 apple
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 70 g of bbq jackfruit
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
- Coarsely chop the nuts then brown them in a non-stick pan without fat, turning them occasionally, until they become fragrant. Remove them from the pan and then let them cool.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing the maple syrup, vinegar, and pepper. Add the oil vigorously.
- Drain the beets and cut them first into 0,5 cm thick slices, then into matchsticks, and finally into small cubes.
- Unravel the jackfruit.
- Sort the lettuce mixture, wash it and wring it out.
- Wash the apple then wipe it dry, cut it in half, remove the core and the seeds, then grate the apple halves with a kitchen grater. Mix immediately with the lemon so that the apple does not brown.
- In 4 small verrines, arrange the following preparations in layers: apple, red beets, shredded jackfruit and lettuce mixture. Drizzle each layer with a little dressing. Sprinkle with walnuts just before serving.
Tip: When choosing an apple, choose an acidic apple.
President Hippocrate organic
- Caroline Bisaillon