Cream of mushroom, celery and almonds (vegan recipe)
I feel a little chilly at the end of winter, and while waiting to go for a walk in the woods to make the spoonful of mushrooms, I want to remember the aromas of this delicious food!
Who would have thought that one day mushrooms would become a commodity that I can no longer do without ... I who have had an aversion to them for many years, I now cook them all over the place! Whether sautéed with garlic and herbs, in an omelet, in the traditional stroganoff or as here, in this delicious soup!
This soup, creamy as I like it, is perfect for paleo, vegan, keto, gluten-free or dairy-free diets.
Cream of mushroom, celery and almonds
Ingredients (For 4 servings)
* 2 tsp. olive oil
* 4 green shallots, chopped
* 3 stalks of celery, chopped
* 2 cassettes of 227 g of mushrooms, cut in half
* 4 garlic cloves, chopped
* 1/3 cup almonds
* 3 cups of mushroom broth (vegetable or chicken broth is also delicious! Depending on your diet)
* 1 C. dried thyme
* 1 C. dried tarragon
* 1 C. dried chives
* 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper
* 1/2 can (or 200 ml) of coconut milk
1. Start by heating 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add the green shallots, celery and mushrooms, then brown for about 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
3. Add the chopped garlic and cook for 1 more minute, then season with salt and pepper.
4. Add the mushroom broth then add all the spices and almonds.
5. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
6. Set aside some sautéed vegetables and pour the rest into the blender and grind until smooth.
7. Return to the pot, turn on the heat, add the coconut milk and season to taste.
8. Mix well and serve immediately. Garnish with a few pieces of the sautéed vegetables that you had saved and almonds.
Comment if you test the recipe,
* TIPS FOR WORKING WITH MUSHROOMS *
To prepare the mushrooms, use a dry paper towel to remove any dirt / grime you see. Do not run the water over the mushrooms as they are very porous and will absorb water without fully developing their flavor.
* SUBSTITUTIONS *
Although the original recipe is vegan, you can easily substitute many of the ingredients according to your eating preferences!
Coconut milk can be replaced by cooking cream, white bean purée or even vegetable cream.
Mushroom broth can be substituted with vegetable or chicken broth.
- Hippocrates Food