Roasted cauliflower and grilled chickpeas soup
Thanks to roasted cauliflower, this soup is rich and creamy and without dairy products! High-fiber chickpeas are roasted for a healthy, crispy garnish.
With the cold coming back, this soup is perfect for warming you up and refueling!
FOR THE SOUP:
1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets (about 4 to 5 cups total)
2 cups of Chickpeas cooked, rinsed and drained
5 garlic cloves, peeled
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 c. smoked paprika
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 1/2 cups total)
4 cups of vegetable broth
1 cup of water
1/2 cup whole coconut milk
FOR THE TOPPING:
red pepper flakes
Fresh thyme leaves
Extra virgin olive oil
Whole coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- On a large baking sheet, toss the cauliflower, chickpeas and garlic with the cumin, paprika and 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Transfer to your preheated oven and roast for 30 minutes, stirring once at half the cooking time. Remove and reserve.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the cubed potatoes and black pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the vegetable broth and water and bring the liquid to a boil. Once boiling, adjust the heat to maintain it and cook, uncovered, until the potatoes are very soft, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Stir in roasted cauliflower mixture, reserving about 1/2 cup for garnish.
- Allow the soup to cool slightly, then thoroughly puree the soup using an immersion blender, blender, or food processor with the blade.
- Be careful when transferring hot liquids.
- Return the mashed soup to your saucepan and reheat over low-medium heat.
- Stir in the whole coconut milk.
- Taste and adjust for salt and pepper, if necessary.
- To serve, pour the hot soup into bowls.
- Top with a little of the reserved roasted cauliflower mixture and a pinch of red pepper flakes and fresh thyme leaves.
- Drizzle with olive oil and a drizzle of whole coconut milk.
- Serve immediately.
- Store in an airtight container in your refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
President Hippocrate organic
- Caroline Bisaillon