Turnip, parsnip, pear and maple soup with crunchy garnish
Turnip, parsnip, pear, maple soup and its crunchy garnish
PERFORMANCE: 2 LITERS (8 cups)
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) Olive oil
- 1 big onion, chopped
- 3 cups of turnip, peeled and cubed
- 3 parsnips, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 C. pepper
- 3 cups peeled pears, cubed
- chopped fresh cilantro
- raw european pumpkin seeds
- sliced avocado
- chopped shallots
- 1 cup of cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil. Brown the onion for about 3 minutes. Add the turnip, parsnips and water, cover and cook over low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Then add the potatoes, broth, maple syrup and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes over low heat. Add the pears, cover and simmer again for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, put the chickpeas, olive oil and cumin in a bowl. Mix well to coat. Place the spicy chickpeas on a baking sheet. Bake in an oven preheated to 350F. Cook, stirring halfway through cooking, for about XNUMX minutes, or until the chickpeas are crisp.
- Cream in a blender and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with grilled chickpeas, avocado slices, fresh cilantro and pumpkin seeds.
President Hippocrate Bio
- Caroline Bisaillon